Supporting Sports Clubs, Schools & Individuals
Over 270 clubs, schools and individuals already enjoy the benefits of membership with Aberdeenshire Clubsport – is your Club missing out?
Aberdeenshire Clubsport was established in 1995 to represent the interests of those operating in the voluntary sector of sport and physical activity in the North East of Scotland.
We have the largest membership in Scotland and are progressive and proactive in our outlook.
Benefits of Affiliation
- Grant Aid Scheme providing financial assistance under the following categories:
- Talented Individuals
- Club Starter
- Coach/Admin Education
- Development Initiatives
- Webinar based workshops with Information and advice on a range of sport related topics at local, regional and national levels.
- Inclusion in the online Aberdeenshire Clubsport membership directory to promote your club.
- Quarterly Sports Council e-newsletter which highlights successes from affiliated clubs and individuals.
- Facebook Page with updates, relevant news, links to other sites and affiliated organisation pages.
- Opportunities to network online with other clubs/organisations, highlighting problems faced and sharing examples of good practice.
- Access to subsidised training courses and workshops e.g. first aid courses
Aberdeenshire Clubsport has a history of notable successes in lobbying for local sport and sport development within your area and at a national level. Join us now and make your voice heard.
Aberdeenshire Clubsport SCIO has a Chair Person, Vice Chair, Treasurer, Secretary and a board comprising of 7 trustees and a further 6 volunteer representatives, with a range of sports and related experience. We work closely in partnership with Aberdeenshire Council, Scottish Disability Sport, SportScotland, Active Schools, Scottish Clubsport and a range of Scottish Governing Bodies.
Our membership encompasses an enormous range of sports clubs that vary greatly in size, numbers, abilities and interests, with 50 sports and physical activities represented. However, whether large or small, all share the same need to be well organised and forward thinking to ensure strong, successful clubs in years to come.