Some personal data is collected and stored by Aberdeenshire Clubsport SCIO when your club or you as an individual member affiliate annually to ACS SCIO The reasons for holding this information are detailed below. Most information is held by ACS SCIO, who are both the Data Controller and Data Processor.
Information gathered through the sports council affiliation scheme is held on a database hosted by the Secretary and Admin Support, therefore the Data Controller of the Data will be processed by ACS SCIO is the Data Processor.
Secretary ACS SCIO
Your information is being collected by Aberdeenshire Clubsport SCIO
Your information is being collected to use for the following purposes:
- Club full name, address and contact details (email, mobile or landline phone no) are collected from member clubs who affiliate regarding membership arrangements or any issues relating to their clubs membership of ACS SCIO or their activities e.g. Grants, Online Sports Directory, Newsletters,
- Club Membership information is collected annually from affiliated clubs and individuals as part of the Aberdeenshire Council organisational performance information required as part of the ACS SCIO Funding Agreement with the council
- Bank details are collected from member clubs to facilitate the payment of Direct Debit agreements to allow ACS SCIO to collect affiliation payments from the member clubs and individuals when they become due.
The Legal Basis for collecting the information is:
Special categories of personal data
The data subject has given explicit consent to the processing
Performance of a Contract
Processing is necessary for the purposes of carrying out the obligations of the controller or of the data subjects
Processing is necessary to protect the vital interests of the data subject or of another natural person where the data subject is physically or legally incapable of giving consent
Task carried out in the Public Interest
Processing relates to personal data which are made public by the data subject
Processing is necessary for the establishment, exercise or defence of legal claims or whenever courts are acting in their judicial capacity
Processing is necessary for reasons of substantial public interest
Processing is necessary for the purposes of preventive or occupational medicine, for the assessment of the working capacity of the employee, medical diagnosis, the provision of health or social care or treatment, or the management of health or social care systems
Processing is necessary for reasons of public interest in the area of public health
Processing is necessary for archiving purposes in the public interest, scientific or historical research purposes or statistical purposes
¹ Please see the Privacy Notice Guidance for details of limited use of this ground for processing personal data
Where the Legal Basis for processing is either Performance of a Contract or Legal Obligation, please note the following consequences of failure to provide the information:
- Failure to provide the minimum information described above would result in you not receiving the service you require.
Your information will be shared with the following recipients or categories of recipient:
- Your clubs information will be used by ACS SCIO in relation to raising direct debits linked to levying annual membership fees, to promote your club on the ACS SCIO website and contact you regarding membership/grants/awards evening/newsletter/social media.
Your information will be transferred to or stored in the following countries and the following safeguards are in place:
- The United Kingdom, Ireland and the Netherlands – safeguarded by the GDPR regulations.
The retention period for the data is:
- Data will be retained in line with ACS SCIO data retention periods – until club folds or we have been notified of a change of contact person
The following automated decision-making, including profiling, will be undertaken:
Please note that you have the following rights:
- to withdraw consent at any time, where the Legal Basis specified above is Consent;
- to lodge a complaint with the Information Commissioner’s Office;
- to request access to your personal data;
- to data portability, where the legal basis specified above is:
- Consent; or
- Performance of a Contract
- to request rectification or erasure of your club’s personal data, as so far as the legislation permits.