Our organisation welcomes all members of the community, regardless of their abilities. We will include people with disability in our organisation in both playing and non-playing roles to the greatest extent that we can.
We will endeavor to make our organisation as accessible as possible, based on our policy on inclusion, the ability of individuals involved in our organisation, the type of involvement they want to have and our capacity to make modifications that promote inclusion. We will prioritise Supporting our membership clubs to embed inclusive practice
What we will do
- Put people first, focus on what they can do and find out how they want to participate.
- Ask each individual – and their parents if the participant is a child – for their advice about what modifications would help them to participate.
- Where possible, make adjustments to the delivery of our services to accommodate the needs of people with a disability.
- Be honest and explain if certain modifications or adjustments to the delivery of our services are required.
- Communicate with people and our information in appropriate ways and formats.
- Expect all trustees, members of the SCIO and our wider membership to accept and welcome people with disabilities, and encourage people with disabilities to become involved.
- Make sure people of all abilities are included in our organisation’s activities and are recognised for their contribution and achievement.
- Have strong policies to ensure that people can play sport and participate in our activities without discrimination, harassment or bullying.
- Offer practical support to clubs via training opportunities, advice, and information about other options for participation outside our own organisation.
- Promoting examples of inclusive practice e.g. letting people know about sports and clubs that are specifically for people with disability, or mainstream clubs where modifications have been made to improve the inclusion of people with disabilities.
What we ask you to do if you have a disability:
- tell us what we can do to help include you in our organisation
- understand that we will do our best to make any necessary adjustments or modifications
- talk to us if you have any concerns or ideas to help us make our organisation more inclusive.